- 4 leeks, roots & dark green removed, sliced into thin half moons
- Enough clarified butter to cover the bottom of a sauté pan
- Sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- Splash of heavy cream
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, slow roasted
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Ciabatta bread, sliced
- Garlic clove, peeled
Ahead of Time…
- Prep your leeks and make sure they’re free of dirt and grit before cooking or eating them… remove roots & dark green, and slice remaining core in half lengthwise. Slice halves into thin half moons. Soak leeks in a colander submerged in a sink full of cold water. Drain and repeat the process again. Rinse well and store in a container of ice water in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove goat cheese from fridge and let warm to room temperature.
- Toast Ciabatta slices and keep warm
- Heat a sauté pan on medium and add just enough clarified butter to cover the bottom.
- Add the leeks and season them with sea salt.
- Sweat the leeks for 5 minutes or until softened to “al dente” and hints of lime green in color. Stir often and don’t overcook them.
- Add the garlic and stir. Cook for a minute.
- Add the goat cheese and cream and stir.
- Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Remove from heat, add the tarragon and parsley.
- Balance seasoning with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Lightly rub the edge of the toasted Ciabatta with the clove of garlic.
- Drizzle a hint of olive oil over the Ciabatta.
- Top with Leek and Tomato mixture.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve on small plates with forks.