Ice cream is back in this episode! Chris and Brooke mix it up with veteran Just Simply… Cuisine apprentice and self-taught ice cream creator, Christina Smith.
- Christina reflects on lessons learned from cooking with our cohosts – and how cooking connects us to one another. (01:22)
- Together, they reminisce about fun times in the kitchen and exchange day-to-day food stories, including smart prep routines and imaginative improvisations using leftovers or ingredients in the pantry. (03:52)
- Christina gives us a sneak peek of her Rock Star ice cream, an innovative product she’s developing. The inspirational brand celebrates classic rock songs and “rock star” heroes. (10:35)
- Purple Haze, Running on Empty and Witchy Woman – a chocolaty fudge flavor with a cayenne kick – are just a few of the seasonal varieties among Christina’s creative concoctions, the proceeds of which will support in-patient mental health care for veterans and first responders. (12:25)
- Later, our special guest reveals her experimental process for creating delicious recipes like pumpkin cheesecake ice cream. (15:40)
- Finally, we learn how Christina keeps it creamy (not icy) when combining custard-based ice cream with real fruit. (19:04)