What’s southern, seasonal, and oh-so-sweet? Peaches!
- Chris and Brooke are serving a full dish of the succulent stone fruit, and they share creative concoctions featuring char-grilled peach halves drizzled with reduced white balsamic. (2:47)
- Tip of the week: Save those used vanilla bean pods and drop them into your bottle of bourbon for bourbon vanilla peach milkshakes. Get the mouthwatering recipe in the August issue of our Sage Advice newsletter! (6:42)
- Better than a June wedding? Our peaches are getting married with gelato, sorbet and sherbet. Plus, we have the scoop on the coolest ice cream brands. (9:51)
- Peter Piper picked ‘em, and so can you! You guessed it – peppers are growing in our cohosts’ gardens – and not just the pickled type. The ladies bring the heat, exchanging countless ways to cook and eat the colorful chilis. Think grilling, charring, jarring, drying, grinding and more! (14:13)
- The episode ends with a big announcement and new beginning! The Just Simply… Cuisine teaching kitchen has reopened, and Chris teases the delicious dishes that she and her students are cooking up! (21:34)