Spring is here, the gardens are budding, and our taste buds are fired up for Season 2 of We’re Cookin’! In this second season premiere, we’re serving a springtime medley of flavor and fun, featuring seasonal cooking tips from host Chris Coppola Leibner, owner of Washington DC’s beloved Just Simply… Cuisine cooking school – and introducing our amazing new co-host, Brooke Rodgers.
- In this episode, we dive into a mouthwatering Milanese recipe that you can easily make at home: Rosemary Gremolata Stuffed Lamb Loin Chops. (03:03)
- Don’t spend your weekends cooking – and don’t forget the reduced balsamic! We’re giving you even more ways to incorporate the ever-reliable starter vinaigrette into your sweet and savory dishes. (11:52)
- Unsure about how to repurpose your leftovers? We’ve shared quick tips on how to marry ingredients from your winter harvest (and grocery bags) with that cold pizza sitting in the fridge. (15:00)
- If you’re ready to start or remix your garden, look no further for tips on city and in-home gardening, including street-strip potato beds, garlic scapes and potted herbs. (16:03)
- Later, Chris recounts a surprising discovery of morel mushrooms and shares tips for preparing these delicate, delectable fungi! (24:45)
- Finally, Brooke helps us marry cross-seasonal ingredients as we transition from winter to spring. (27:00)