Since 1995… Just Simply… Cuisine has made a commitment to partner with purveyors who use locally sourced, organic, and sustainable products. We eat with intention and conscientiously cook fresh, local and seasonal. All our ingredients are natural.
Just Simply… Cuisine is committed to recycle and compost. We mindfully recycle all materials and food scraps and organic waste are composted in our teaching gardens. We have no microwave and rarely use disposables.
All of our copy materials are printed on post-consumer recycled paper. Whenever possible, we work to support the environment using recycled and FSC certified paper and eco-conscious printing processes.
- Encourage the use of the nearby Metro.
- Recycle our used cooking oil.
- Use washable kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Buy in bulk when possible.
- Educate students ways to cook eco-friendly.
- Encourage students to grow their own herbs and vegetables.
- Cook with “happy” eggs, poultry and meats.
- Use products from local farms, ranches and dairies.
- Encourage students to frequent farm markets.
- Buy fish from the wild.
- Minimize kitchen waste and re-purpose our leftovers.
- Reuse kitchen water to feed our house plants and gardens.
- Encourage students to reduce their meat consumption.
- Clean our kitchen naturally with white vinegar and water.
- Avoid non-stick pots and pans.
Greening is a process that involves forethought and change. Try these suggestions day to day…
- Incorporate organic, sustainable food and drink.
- Purchase and use local food, which supports community farms.
- Think about redesign décor.
- Use linens and cloth.
- Avoid over packaging and buy in bulk.
- Use kitchen equipment made of real materials.
- Think before you print. Try to send as much as you can digitally.
- Suggest venues that recycle and handle waste responsibly.
- Repair before you replace kitchen appliances.
- Encourage vendors you buy from to source eco-friendly products.
- Avoid paper towels and sponges. Reuse old t-shirts and towels as rags.
- Compost kitchen and yard waste.
- Recycle responsibly.